Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Taking On Challenges



I was recently approached by a client who needed a rendering of a car done for her son whose car had been accepted into a big car show.  While cars are not the typical subject that I work with, I thought this might make for a interesting challenge.  Why not??!  I have to say the process was much different from how I usually work.  For one, this was an extremely technical drawing and I'm used to working a bit looser than this on portraits.  Secondly, it has been years since I have worked in colored pencils.  Thankfully there are certain things you never really forget how to do. In the end, I have at say that I was pleasantly surprised at how smoothly the process went and the client was very happy with the work I had done.  It also doesn't hurt that over 60,000 people will see my work on display at the SEMA show in Las Vegas!!  

Who knows when or if I will ever draw a car again... for now I am happily back to work on my portrait commissions and developing ideas for new paintings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment