Friday, January 8, 2016

Commissions and New Goals

Now that Christmas has passed and we have entered into a new year, I feel like it is safe to post a few of the commissions that have kept me so busy for the past few months.  I am extremely grateful to have been trusted with such special gifts for so many families this past year.  The emotion and excitement I see in my clients eyes just can't be matched by anything. Delivering a finished portrait gives me the warm fuzzies!!  It is one of the few times in life that I am thrilled to see someone cry. 


With the New Year, of course comes new goals!  Although I love drawing, I am feeling more of a tug to paint. To be honest, painting has been a huge struggle for me in the past few years.  Between raising my kids, homeschooling and just trying to keep my home running smoothly I haven't made a great deal of time to be in the studio...it's been very inconsistent to say the least.  But, there are certain things in life that just can't be ignored and the creative pull is definitely one of them.  It can make me moody and generally unpleasant to be around.  For the sake of peace in my home I am determined to feed the monster.  Its time for me to start painting again! I have to admit that I am anxious to see what this year has in store.  I feel big things looming on the horizon. Be watching for for more posts and new paintings!  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment