Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Crunch time!


After a crazy fun-filled week with 7 kids under my roof, I am starting to get back into the swing of things!  Yes, you read that correctly, 7 kids ranging from 1 1/2 to 11. We had a great time, but needless to say, not a lot of artwork was accomplished for a few days.  :)

I did however manage to finish up this special commission for a beautiful friend in Sydney! It is a  sentimental piece that I was honored to work on and pray meets her expectations. 

With the holidays now rapidly approaching, it is crunch time!!!  I see a lot of late nights in the studio ahead of me. I hope my coffee pot is up for the challenge! I've also been busy packaging and preparing several commissions for shipment! It's been exciting and a little stressful to wrap these up and hand them over to the postman.  Anyone who knows me well, knows I am a bit of a control freak and giving these up to a complete stranger felt a bit reminiscent to leaving my kids for the first time.  That might be a slight exaggeration, but I can assure you, if I could hand deliver each drawing I would!

No comments:

Post a Comment