Friday, November 21, 2014

What's On My Easel


Yesterday and today were primarily spent in the studio, alone.  It was wonderful!  I cranked up Elephant Revival (amazing band out of Colorado), opened the window and painted until I was forced to put down the brushes.  I decided to start a new landscape, just to allow myself the freedom to loosen up and work out some of the rustiness.  It has been a while since I have regularly painted with oils, and to be quite honest, it's been a bit rough getting back into it.  I had to force myself to push through several bad attempts in order to get reacquainted with the paints and the way they need to be handled.  It has been very frustrating to say the least.  But yesterday things started to click again and that felt so GOOD!!!!

I still have a few finishing touches to add to the landscape, but it is pretty close.  I'll post a better photo once the paint has dried and the glare is gone. 

In the mean time, I am also finishing up a painting commission and hoping to have that completed in the next week. 

Maybe if I am lucky I will be able to claim some studio time over the weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment