Saturday, November 1, 2014

In Search of the Perfect Pencil


This cutie is a commission piece I just finished up yesterday. It was also done in carbon pencil.  I am really enjoying drawing with carbon, but sadly I have worn my only Lyra Rembrandt down to a nub! In my search for replacements I was thrilled to discover a wonderful local art supply store downtown that I can't wait to explore when I have a bit more time!! Seriously, I was like a kid in a candy store! It was beautiful! I am fairly certain that the employees thought I was a bit strange... standing there wide-eyed, starring at the perfectly arranged rows of pencils and paints.  I don't care, it was wonderful. Sadly, they don't carry the same pencils I was looking for, but am going to give Wolff carbon pencils a shot.  I'm hoping I like them as much as the other.  I really can't wait to try them out. And, I guess if they aren't just what I am wanting I will have to head back to the art store to find something else try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment